That's your opportunity ...
mediafellows is looking for a Product Manager with experience in product ownership and management specifically in video, audio and overall media post-production workflows who will contribute to the development of our sophisticated SaaS solution “MediaStore”, an online B2B platform for marketing and distribution of audiovisual content – covering content management, video screening, contracting, and fulfillment. Some of the largest studios, broadcasters, and distributors from around the world rely on our platform solution.
This is a unique position to work at the forefront of the transformation of the media industry from on-prem to cloud-based workflows.
As a Product Manager, you will have a key responsibility to translate our customers’ needs in compelling product offers with reliable workflows and easy to use interfaces in our SaaS solution. You will work closely with colleagues from mediafellows’ development, operations, and client support teams as well as customers. Over time you will own and drive important parts of our product roadmap. Furthermore, you will provide valuable input to our technology strategy as well as identify new opportunities to innovate and create value for our customers.
What you will contribute ...
- You bring in your enthusiasm, knowledge, curiosity, drive, and skills to build with us the most advanced SaaS solution for audiovisual content management, marketing, and fulfillment
- You work on a well-established but tremendously growing SaaS product and in an international, highly agile team
- You will oversee the product development for the fulfillment system incl. metadata management, audio/video enhancements, editing and transcoding as well as packaging and delivery
- You are a self-starter to plan a project, conduct research, collaborate with design and development departments, and lead the implementation until final user acceptance tests as well as ad-hoc support & troubleshooting
- You have a structured approach to analyze problems and to develop innovative solutions
- You apply and keep abreast of best practice in product development and agile practices as well as the media and broadcast industry
- You compile and maintain shareable up-to-date concepts and insights on business practices, services, and tools that our solution should cover to maintain an edge in the industry
- You partner with all stakeholders to turn your research insights into elegantly crafted solutions
What we do expect ...
- 5+ years of experience in product ownership and management
- A proven technical background and deep understanding of audiovisual media post-production workflows
- Knowledge of digital media formats (ProRes, XDCAM, IMF, DPP, etc.)
- Advanced user of variety of transcoding and mastering tools as well as delivery tools ideally in the cloud (e.g., Telestreams’ Vantage and VidChecker, Colorfront, Aspera, Signiant, …)
- Good knowledge of various metadata and fulfillment standards, e.g., MovieLabs’ Digital Distribution Framework
- Experience in processing and delivering content to major platforms and international broadcasters
- Knowledge of creating and handling of subtitle files
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- A real team player with a strong sense of responsibility and accountability
What we have to offer ...
- A team of smart, curious people who work hard but with fun every day to optimize our amazing product
- A modern Media Asset Management solution with a state-of-the-art technology stack and a fascinating growth perspective
- A free choice of working tools and software you like and are most familiar with
- A broad flexibility in how, when, and where you work
- A fast-moving company with excellent growth opportunities
- A competitive payment package
If this position is of interest to you, please contact our HR department: email@example.com